Men’s Prayer Group—September 17, 2013
LEAN ON ME
A lesson on the journey to this lesson!
Have you ever found yourself misplacing your trust?
Taking the easy way out—being lazy?
Taking a shortcut from your best direction?
Who loses the most when we do that?
Just receiving (faith without works) vs. receiving and sending (faith with works)
The author of Psalm 118:8 wrote:
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man
• Every day we put our confidence in someone or something
• God wants to guide us here on earth and in eternity
• Have confidence in God’s eternal unchanging unfailing full-time GPS and love
In Proverbs 3:5-6, Solomon wrote:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
• Leaning = putting your whole weight on someone or something; resting on and trusting
• God knows what is best for us—more so than we know ourselves
• Seek and trust Him completely
• Listen to and be willing to be corrected by God’s Word and wise counselors